Monday, December 19, 2005

FPP should be Freakin Pussy Player

So I played in the 3000FPP tournament this weekend to with much dismay I finished in 125th or something. I drove home from my parents’ house that morning ready to set up shop in my living room for a good long poker stint. I had decided that I would play a 20+2 180 Sit N Go at the same time. It’s Hard for me to just focus on one tournament at a time (maybe I should try and fix that).

Right off the bat I was faced with some hard decisions. I found myself having to make pressure point decisions for considerable amounts of chips.

I was able to double up early with Aces but then doubled up the player that doubled me up when my Queens ran into his Aces. Then I had to fold QQ the very next hand because of community pot with a flop of A K 10. I was in late position with some considerable betting. Even though my hands was great pre-flop I had to believe that I was up against at least one A or K.

There was one hand that I played incorrectly and could have kept my self-alive if I made one change in my play.

Blinds 50/100

Hero (1200 chips) 8d8h LP
1 limper MP (1400 chips)
SB folds
BB checks

I limp behind the dealer who folds (maybe a mistake but I wanted to disguise my hand). The flop comes out 5s6hQc, this is a good flop for me. MP takes bout 3 seconds and checks. Ok, I have to take a stab at this pot right now and see if he will just fold. I bet 200 (that’s 2/3’s of the pot), BB folds, MP waits 3 seconds calls. Hummmm I’m thinking now maybe a draw, with that 56 on board, possibly QJ, QK, and Q10. But I think he would bet after the flop or check-raise me with those holdings. AQ, QQ, and no way I would have heard about this pre-flop. So, now I’m thinking maybe something like 56, or 67, a pair with a draw, although he’s not getting correct odds to call that flop bet. Also he could be holding pocket 5's or 6's if he is hold that then I'm drawing dead. (What I’m I missing here)

Turn is Qs, MP quickly checks. Now this is my mistake right here not betting this scary turn card. With the amount of chips in the pot right now (100+100+100+50+200+200 = 750) it’s defiantly worth trying to take it down especially because his check was very quick. Plus if he did hit trips on the flop that Q just gave me the nuts (that is if I bet it). I actually check as well. River is an innocent 2d. He checks again. Ok, either he's got the nuts and want's me to bluff at this pot or he's giving me the chance to let lay down his hand. I bet 300 make it look like a value bet, and he insta-calls. He flips over TT and I lose a big pot that would have kept me alive in this tournament. I could have just checked behind him and would have saved me 300, but if he folded then I over 2000...Another lesson.

So now I’m down to 600 chips. I’m placed at the worst table, to end my tournament life. My table consists of 5 people sitting out, 2 other stacks round my level 670, 720. One mid stack at 1050, and one super loose player with 4,200. I couldn’t pick up anything, I managed to stay alive for 20 mins then I went out on A9 Vs. AQ no improvement on the board.

I did pick one other lesson in this tournament. When my QQ lost to Aces the action pre flop whent something like this. I'm in the SB, and Villian is on the button. He raises 3xbb standard raise at the table, and also could be a position raise. I re-raise to 450, 3x his raise. Then he re-min raises me. I should have folded here, this represents a premium hand. We get all our chips in on the flop he turns over the weapons of mass destruction! (lesson: min re-raise pre flop = MASSIVE STRENGTH)

Oh, yeah the 20+2 Sit N go. I mangaed to finish 17th one place within the money. Three hours of work for a misley 24.00. Yeeeehaahhhh


GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home