Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Painful

Playing a 30+3 Sit 'N' Go at stars, doing faily well 2nd in chips. The final three players are
average in skill. Mobstar is very agressive usually puting all his chips in for a blind steal. Which is not uncommon but pretty dangerous when you have absoulte trash. Snoopnuts pretty good player, he would usually fold to pressure bets even with TP (I think). I pulled the re-steal on him a few times and worked pretty well. I pulled a good move early in the tournament for a re-steal. I find that this best works with 3-4 players left and your up against a button raise. Usually the big stack won't risk his chips lead on a gamble (USUALLY never know with the fish our there right). Example:

Seat 1: soop2nuts (3550 in chips)
Seat 2: bhughes11 (1865 in chips)
Seat 5: MOBstar (4310 in chips) (CHIP LEADER AGGRESSIVE NEWB)
Seat 7: zuppy (1240 in chips)
Seat 9: TwoFishy (2535 in chips) (HERO)
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to TwoFishy [9s Ac]
soop2nuts: folds
bhughes11: folds
MOBstar: raises 300 to 450
zuppy: folds

(paused for about 20 secs then pushed. When he didn't insta-call I knew he'd fold. Heheh love that move...I find you need a decent size stack or this won't work either)

TwoFishy: raises 2085 to 2535 and is all-in
MOBstar: foldsMOBstar said, "show"
TwoFishy collected 975 from pot
TwoFishy: doesn't show hand

Final three and I'm out on a bluff turned into 2 pair, of course it's Mobstar.

Seat 1: soop2nuts (7505 in chips)
Seat 5: MOBstar (2150 in chips) (BEST PLAYER I'VE EVER SEEN)
Seat 9: TwoFishy (3845 in chips) (HERO)
MOBstar: posts small blind 200
TwoFishy: posts big blind 400
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to TwoFishy [Qc Qd]
MOBstar said, "knew it"
soop2nuts: folds
MOBstar: raises 1725 to 2125 and is all-in

(BOO yeah finally I have this loose agressive chump......Wait nope I'm out)

TwoFishy: calls 1725MOBstar said, "haha"
*** FLOP *** [5c 7c 8d]

(Nice hand the good old 57o all I can do is scream, and chuck my calculator across my apt and smash it into a million pieces...at least the TV remote wasn't close by...)

MOBstar said, "wow"
MOBstar said, "worry"
*** TURN *** [5c 7c 8d] [2h]
soop2nuts said, "wowsers"
*** RIVER *** [5c 7c 8d 2h] [6d]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
MOBstar: shows [5d 7d] (two pair, Sevens and Fives)
TwoFishy: shows [Qc Qd] (a pair of Queens)
MOBstar collected 4325 from pot
MOBstar said, "sorry"

-J05^`Y aka "Grinder"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home