Tuesday, December 13, 2005

30+3 Sit 'N' Go

I love tournament play just as much as the next obsessed poker player. I have played probably around 200 SNG's since I started playing online poker about 8 months ago. I mostly play at poker stars, no reason in particular but that's where I started and it's hard to be bop around playing micro limits. I really enjoy the user interface and I've become very accustomed to the site and it's nuisances. So when I started playing SNG’s I obv played the lowest limit 5.00+. 50. I found this to be fun, usually being one of the better players at every table and finding that the suckouts are ever more prevalent. After several trials and tribulations I moved up to 10+1. I found this to be a comfortable level for me placing in the money about 50% of the time. Then 20+2 SNG’s which I found to be not much different from the 10+1, same fishes, and same calling stations. I’ve now moved to the 30+3 SNG’s and I think this is the optimum level for me. I’ve played 5 SNG’s and placed 1st 3 times, and 2nd twice. Now I know this is hardly a measure of my success at this level, but I’m telling you the skill of these players is mediocre at best.

Why, is that the players at the 30+3 level are equal or worse then those at 5.00+. 50 levels?

My reason is people playing at 5 and 10-dollar SNG’s limits are mostly average players with tight bankrolls. They are players that pay attention, read the occasional book and are looking to improve their poker. I do say most players; you still get the odd absolutely horrific players (but that’s poker). Now move up to 30+3 SNG’s to even play at this level you need at least round 250-500 in you account to consistently play at this level. Now tell me what new starting poker player has 500 to just toss in and play. I’ll tell you who, middle aged men with nice 6 figure incomes and young rich 20 something’s that think poker so a fun way to gamble. These players don’t really care about the money they are playing with and they’re play demonstrates this perfectly. They’re playing at this level because 50+5 is too much and 1st place for these tournaments is 135.00, which is not a bad investment for 33.00. I find that most of the players just want to see as many cards as possible. So they will call you pot size bet with K3, when you hold KJ on a K510 flop. Not only that but they will call two more pot size bets on the turn and river. I have almost always run into one of these hands in every tournament and I make it my mission to get all that players chips. Here are a few hands that I have run into.

Seat 1: twoFishy (2380 in chips) (HERO)
Seat 4: super_drey (4620 in chips)
Seat 6: PaMoose(2160 in chips) (VICITIM)
Seat 8: Mr_B1ing (3360 in chips)
Seat 9: CAL800 (1295 in chips)
CAL800: posts small blind 75
TwoFishy: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to TwoFishy [9d 9c]
TwoFishy said, "pa moose"
PaMoose has returned
super_drey: folds
PaMoose: calls 150
Mr_B1ing: folds
CAL800: folds
TwoFishy: raises 300 to 450

(LIMP THEN CALLS BIG RAISE CLASSIC IN THESE TOURNIES. NO WANTS TO FOLD TO A RAISE…I’M PREYING FOR A 9 TO TAKE ALL HIS CHIPS)

PaMoose: calls 300
*** FLOP *** [9s 4s Qc]
TwoFishy: checks
super_drey said, "hmmmmmm"
PaMoose: bets 600

(AGAIN BETTING INTO AFTER THE FLOP. I USE TO BE SUSPICIOUS OF THIS MOVE BUT MORE OFTEN THEN NOT IT’S A BLUFF)

TwoFishy said, "thank U"

(Non believer...too bad)

TwoFishy: raises 1330 to 1930 and is all-in
PaMoose: calls 1110 and is all-in
super_drey said, "this may take a min..................."
super_drey said, "oops"
*** TURN *** [9s 4s Qc] [6c]
*** RIVER *** [9s 4s Qc 6c] [3c]
super_drey said, "gg"
*** SHOW DOWN ***
TwoFishy: shows [9d 9c] (three of a kind, Nines)
PaMoose: shows [8s Ah] (high card Ace)
TwoFishy said, "gg"TwoFishy said, "newb!"

(I SHOULD ENCOURAGE THIS PLAY BUT I CAN’T HELP MYSELF HEHE)

TwoFishy collected 4395 from pot

Joey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home